Saturday, June 18, 2011

Kick me….can I be dreaming….

…well actually no….I’m not…but each and every time I hear that “noise”

_DCL6044

……I can tell you…...a noise that I know instinctively is not a “turbo-prop” …….

_DCL6045

One day soon this aricraft will get NZ certification to be able to take paying passengers up, in “BLUE BEAUTY.”

And me, even at $1000 or so per hr (cause according to the chap I spoke to at the opening of Air New Zealand’s new $16 million hangar last year…..thats at the very least a conservative fuel burn figure for an Aero Vodochody L-39C) let me tell you…….I’ll be one of the first lined up to shout my wife a trip as soon as he’s ready! Ok I’ll then be next up after her to.

FROM THE “JUST IN CASE” YOU ARE INTERESTED DEPT (+ Excel maniacs*)

According to a first hand pilots report here, “while at climb power settings and low altitude, the IA-25 turbofan burns about 330 gallons per hour (GPH), but this rapidly decreases to less than 140 GPH in cruise at 18,000 feet.” In case you’re curious, for Kiwi’s……read numbers here like a range of 530 ~ 1249 litres p/hr. Just about makes you want to own a “servo” doesn’t it?

* –why – because you just have to calculate everything….that’s why!

No comments:

Post a Comment